- RSS Channel Showcase 5164016
- RSS Channel Showcase 9874218
- RSS Channel Showcase 8036657
- RSS Channel Showcase 8584644
Articles on this Page
- 04/20/17--09:34: _UK Export Finance P...
- 04/20/17--09:37: _OTC BReakfast: Late...
- 04/20/17--14:42: _AACC Energy + Techn...
- 05/03/17--07:31: _Heineken Champions ...
- 05/17/17--22:15: _Manchester Derby
- 05/26/17--13:31: _SAVE A LIFE - HOUST...
- 06/07/17--13:56: _Gala Sportsman Dinn...
- 06/08/17--06:39: _The Gondoliers - pr...
- 06/10/17--06:58: _Networking on Tap -...
- 06/22/17--14:00: _Energy Day
- 06/27/17--05:24: _Swing4Saltire Golf ...
- 07/06/17--06:14: _EIC Connect - Oil &...
- 07/12/17--09:08: _World Corporate Games
- 04/20/17--09:34: UK Export Finance Presentation and Networking
- 04/20/17--09:37: OTC BReakfast: Late Life Asset Management in the UK North Sea
- 04/20/17--14:42: AACC Energy + Technology Conference: Back to the Future
- 05/03/17--07:31: Heineken Champions League Final Party
- 05/17/17--22:15: Manchester Derby
- 05/26/17--13:31: SAVE A LIFE - HOUSTON MUSEUM OF NATURAL SCIENCE
- 06/07/17--13:56: Gala Sportsman Dinner Evening
- 06/08/17--06:39: The Gondoliers - presented by Gilbert & Sullivan Society of Houston
- 06/10/17--06:58: Networking on Tap - Countdown to the Manchester Derby
- 06/22/17--14:00: Energy Day
- 06/27/17--05:24: Swing4Saltire Golf Tournament
- 07/06/17--06:14: EIC Connect - Oil & Gas USA 2017
- 07/12/17--09:08: World Corporate Games
A highlight in our OTC programme, please join the UK Department for International Trade (DIT) and the UK Export Finance (UKEF) to learn about UKEF’s important mission, followed by a networking reception.
UKEF is the UK’s export credit agency and a government department, working alongside the DIT as an integral part of its strategy and operations. We will explore their essential role in assisting exporters through robust financing terms, contract fulfilment and insurance liability, while operating at no net cost to the taxpayer. There will be a Q&A opportunity after the panel, as well as a chance to continue the conversation at our networking reception.
This Eventbrite will be updated with additional details and event information as they become available.
Please note, all participants must have an OTC badge in order to attend.
We look forward to seeing you at OTC!
Registration is available when securing OTC Conference Badges
The Australian American Chamber of Commerce – Houston Chapter is pleased to present the Annual Energy and Technology Conference, to be held on 4 May 2017 in Houston, Texas.
For the past decade, the conference has been a focal point of US - Australian business relations, where business and Government leaders have converged to increase co-operation, trade and investment.
Presented by BABC Member PRO-MOses, LLC
BABC Members login into BABC website and click here for a $5.00 discount code on general admission tickets.
Non-Members click "View this Event's Webpage" to purchase tickets.
Use password "DYNAMO" for pre-sale tickets
Presented by BABC Member Houston Methodist
BECOME A LIFE SAVER
BABC Member companies receive a special rate of $1200 for a table of 10. Contact fellow BABC Member Adrian Moses at email@example.com– mentioning BABC.
Silent Auction Items.
1. 1985 FA Cup Final Shirt Signed by Captain Bryan Robson.
2. 2005-2006 Away Shirt Signed by Christiano Ronaldo.
3. 1963 FA Cup Final Shirt Signed by Sir Bobby Charlton and Denis Law.
4. 1997 Home shirt Signed by Eric Cantona.
5. 2017 Home Shirt Signed by Marcus Rashford.
6. Nike Football Cleat Signed by Ryan Giggs.
7. Nike Football Cleat Signed by Wayne Rooney.
8. George Best Original Board Painting.
9. Framed Limited Edition George Best Triage of Photgraphs – Rare!
10. Signed Copy of Sir Alex Ferguson’s Book “Leading”
11. Manchester United Scarf Signed by Nemanja Vidic.
12. 2 x Prime Center Field Seats for Houston Texans v New England Patriots pre-season game at NRG Stadium on Saturday 19 August at 7 pm.
13. 2 x Prime Center Field Seats for Houston Texans v Dallas Cowboys pre-season game at NRG Stadium on Thursday 31 August at 7 pm.
14. 2 x Prime Center Field seats for Houston Texans v Jacksonville Jaguars opening game of the season at NRG Stadium on Sunday 12 September at 12 Noon.
15. Houston Texans Helmet Signed by Kareem Jackson (Player Number = 25)
16. Ezhang deluxe Hanging Chair with C Frame and Stand
The Society is pleased to present The Gondoliers, one of Gilbert & Sullivan's final works together, on the weekend of July 21st. Performances are limited to a single weekend as we begin focusing our resources on an exciting new production of The Mikado in 2018. Even with the shortened schedule, the weekend will feature two matinee performances, adding an afternoon show on Saturday July 22nd in addition to the show that evening, for a total of four performances.
Show dates and times:
Friday, July 21 at 8 p.m.
Saturday, July 22 at 2:30 p.m.
Saturday, July 22 at 8 p.m.
Sunday, July 23 at 2:30 p.m.
The story takes place in Venice and the kingdom of Barataria and features vibrant staging and sparkling melodies. Casilda, the 21 year old daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Plaza-Toro, was married by proxy at birth to the then-infant son and heir of the exceedingly wealthy King of Barataria. The court's Grand Inquisitor, determined to protect the boy from his erratic father, arranged for the heir to be kidnapped and taken to Venice. There he was placed in the care of a respectable Gondolier who raised him alongside his own son.
This Gondolier's handsome and charming sons, Marco and Giuseppe, now Gondoliers themselves, have recently selected a bride each - Gianetta and Tessa - from their large female following. They are upset to learn that, as heir apparent to the throne, one of them may have to sacrifice his bride in order to marry Casilda and become the King of Barataria. Casilda is not happy with the situation either as she is in love with Luiz.
As Marco and Giuseppe's father has since died, the only person who can identify the Prince is his childhood nurse, Inez, who is quickly sent for. In her absence, both Gondoliers decide to sail to Barataria to ascend the throne as joint monarchs, ruling in the spirit of total equality.
When Inez finally appears, she reveals that neither man is in fact the King's son because when the baby was kidnapped, she substituted her own child in his place. Therefore, the true heir to the throne of Barataria is Luiz. This proves very satisfactory to all parties as the Gondoliers can keep their brides and Casilda can both fulfil the proxy and marry the one she loves.
Kickoff the Manchester Derby with the British-American Business Council, Lone Star Sports and Entertainment and our own Houston Dynamo.
As two of the top clubs in the English Premier League, Manchester United F.C. and Manchester City F.C. have a long and storied rivalry which dates all the way back to 1881. Sharing the same hometown, the aptly named Manchester Derby has taken place 173 times between the two clubs who boast a combined 24 English Premier League titles, including seven of the previous ten. This match will represent the first Manchester Derby played outside of the United Kingdom in the rivalry’s 136-year history.
Combine your business networking with a bit of football (soccer) fun!
* No admission fee (but please register so we have enough food)
* Free appetizers
* Cash bar w/extended Happy Hour prices on beer, wine and spirits
* Opportunity to win a pair of tickets plus parking to the Manchester Derby
June Networking Tip:
Ask easy questions. Don't wait around the edges of the room, waiting for someone to approach you. To get the conversation started, simply walk up to a person or a group, and say, "May I join you" or "What brings you to this event?" Don't forget to listen intently to their replies. If you're not a natural extrovert, you're probably a very good listener – and listening can be an excellent way to get to know a person.
Houston’s largest annual FREE family festival showcasing science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM), Energy Day has nearly 70 interactive demonstrations and exhibits teaching students and their families about the various forms of energy, science, technology, efficiency, conservation, and careers in energy and other STEM industries. The exciting exhibits and interactions with experts help spark students’ interest in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
Anyone and Everyone. Attendees include students, educators, families, and business leaders who see a range of exhibits highlighting energy sources and opportunities in STEM industries. Additionally, more than 75 students are awarded each year for their achievements in STEM-related competitions. Guests are also treated to music and numerous interactive games and displays.
Energy Day and its partners and sponsors are leading the way in reinforcing the importance of STEM education and the development of new energy technology. The stimulating exhibits and generous academic award opportunities help motivate thousands of future energy experts each year.
Presented by BABC Member Saltire Foundation
On 3 October the Norris Conference Centers in Houston will host the first ever EIC Connect Oil & Gas USA conference and exhibition which will bring together major North American energy companies with local and UK-based supply chain companies to explore how they can work together on projects in the region.
The EIC, the leading trade association for UK companies that supply goods and services to the energy industries worldwide, already runs EIC Connect events in the UK and the UAE. Now, for the first time, it is taking this incredibly successful format to the very heart of the global energy industry: Houston.
Up to 20 leading oil and gas companies such as BP America, Bechtel, and CB&I are set to take part in this high-profile event which will include operator and contractor briefings, an exhibition and a conference program covering the current and future challenges and opportunities specific to the North and Central America regions.
As well as providing updates on their projects during the briefing sessions, the participating operators and contractors will also engage in private one-to-one meetings with delegates to discuss their supplier requirements, procurement procedures and how they can work together on upcoming developments.
Representatives from The UK Department for International Trade and Scottish Development International will also be presenting during the day, explaining the support they provide to UK companies looking to expand into the North and Central American markets.
The exhibition has already attracted interest from regional procurement specialists who are looking for innovative products and services which can add value to their organizations’ projects and programs.